Palmdale Learning Plaza (PLP), a school of choice in the Palmdale School District, is an International Baccalaureate World School. Authorized to teach the Primary Years Program (PYP)since September 2010, PLP now joins the ranks of 20 other PYP IB World schools in California. Development of the whole child as inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside, is the focus of the PYP. The program:
· encourages international-mindedness
· nurtures a positive attitude to learning by engaging students in inquiries and developing their awareness of the process of learning so that they become lifelong learners ?xml:namespace>
· reflects real life by encouraging learning beyond traditional subjects with meaningful, in-depth inquiries into real issues ?xml:namespace>
· teaches critical thinking, problem solving and literacy across the curriculum
· promotes empathy, global compassion, working collaboratively and serving others ?xml:namespace>
· emphasizes the development of the whole student---physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.