Welcome & Enrollment Center
PALMDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2014-15 School Year
Enrollment Hours 8:00am - 3:00pm, Every Monday-Friday, except holidays
Kindergarten is an important first step in the
Who qualifies to enroll?
¨ If your child is five years old or will be five on or before September 1, 2014, your child is eligible to attend Kindergarten in August, 2014 (born on or before 9/1/2009).
¨ If your child will be five years old and his/her birthday falls between September 2, 2014 and December 2, 2014, your child is eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten in August, 2014 (born on or after 9/2/2009 and on or before 12/2/2009.)
¨ If your child will be five years old and his/her birthday falls after
How do I enroll my child?
¨ Beginning in February, 2014, you may pick up a packet at any school site or at the
What do I need to enroll my child? (All documents must be original.)
1. Completed enrollment packet
2. Parent/Guardian/Foster Parent: valid picture identification
3. Student’s verification of age: original certified birth certificate, (baptismal certificate, visa or passport might be accepted if birth certificate is not possible.) Hospital documents are NOT a valid proof of age.
4. Proof of Residence: A current (within one month) utility bill (gas, electric or water) showing the parent’s or guardian’s name and home address or final escrow papers or property tax payment receipt or voter registration or current pay stub with Employer’s name and address and parent/guardian name and address.
5. Living with Others: If you and your child are living in someone else’s home, please bring a letter signed by that person or a Residency Verification Form, their current proof of residence (as described above), and their picture ID (or bring the person with you.)
6. Immunization Records (see below for requirements)
7. IEP or Special Education Reports (if applicable)
8. Legal Custody or Court Orders (if applicable)
9. Foster Placement papers (if applicable)
►►The following immunizations are required before enrollment:
After a consultation with our Immunization Clinic, or by providing verification from personal physican, if the parent or guardian states, in writing, that the immunizations are contrary to his/her beliefs, the statement will be accepted in lieu of verification of the immunizations.
We reserve the right to ask for additional verification if necessary. Home visits may be conducted by school and/or district personnel to verify your child’s residence. Any changes in address or phone number must be reported to the school office immediately.
REGISTRATION FOR LOS AMIGOS OR DOS CAMINOS, TWO-WAY
At Los Amigos and Dos Caminos, all students learn to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish. Prior to kindergarten registration, you must complete the regular school registration forms and attend a parent orientation. For orientation dates, contact
CERTIFIED COPIES OF BIRTH CERTIFICATES
IN PERSON: Registrar Recorder/County Clerk (
44509 16th Street West, Suite 101 Monday-Friday
Enclose a check or money order for $28 made payable to “Registrar Recorder” and a pre-addressed, stamped envelope. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
►►You may obtain an “Application for Verification of Birth” form at the
Last Modified on July 17, 2014