Dear Barrel Springs Elementary Parents & Students:
It is a pleasure to welcome each of you to the upcoming school year! We have been very busy this summer in preparation for the opening of the school. We believe that this school year will be a very rewarding experience for students and our community. We look forward to serving our students and their parents in a manner that is responsive and sensitive to all individual students and family needs as well as meeting instructional goals.
In efforts to keep you informed throughout the school year, we will be regularly updating our website at www.http://www.palmdalesd.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=594. The Barrel Springs website will provide you with essential information and upcoming events during the school year. Simply go to the Palmdale School District website, select a school and click on the “About Us and Administration” for key information and resources. Communication is the cornerstone of an effective relationship between the school and the family; we will also be sending home information through electronic communication via phone, throughout the school year. Please feel free to contact your student’s teacher or the office if you have any questions regarding your student. We are looking forward to this school year as I hope you and your student are.
Your student’s academic success is our main priority. The Parent Student Handbook is also a valuable source of communication. It includes the Parent/Student Compact, Homework Policy Compact (which both should be signed & returned), daily school schedules, school programs & services, the Palmdale School District policies, rules, procedures & consequences. To help your child be successful, please read it with your child. The Parent Student Hand book will be sent home with your student in September.
Welcome to Barrel Springs!
I would like to welcome all of the Barrel Springs Staff back to school and give a special welcome to Terrie Dowling, our new part- time Assistant Principal. Mrs. Dowling has been assigned to both Barrel Springs and Cimarron Elementary schools. Please also join us giving a warm welcome to Linda Raddatz our new health clerk!
READY TO LEARN!
Students succeed when they are sent to school with a ‘ready to learn attitude’. Please talk to your child about how to have a positive, respectful & responsible nature. By setting up routines, you can help your child be successful in school. Consider the following routines: Avoid morning rush:
1. Put each days outfit for the week on hangers and label them Monday-Friday; set the alarm clock and play relaxing music each morning.
2. Eat a good breakfast.
3. Stay connected by talking about the school day. Ask questions like: which multiplication tables did you practice today?
4. Be supportive of your school by reminding your child to follow the BEST BEHAVIOR focus which is: BE Safe, Responsible & Respectful by keep their hands, feet, mean words and all objects to themselves!
5. Study basic math facts and read at least 30 minutes every day.
6. Set a bedtime to help kids fall asleep more quickly. Have your child get in bed 15 minutes early to read, make up stories or quietly talk to you.
Last Modified on October 7, 2013