Message from the Superintendent
Summerwind Update 5/14/19
I’m sure you know we are in the middle of a very serious investigation here at Summerwind. It involves the discovery of a noose in a classroom used as a storage room.
A picture shows four Summerwind teachers posing with a rope fashioned into a noose. Now it’s become the subject of intense news interest. I believe in keeping you up-to-date at least as far as the rules and laws allow.
1. Right now, the District is conducting a full investigation of the incident that will examine all sides and get to the bottom of the entire occurrence;
2. The Summerwind personnel so far identified in the incident have been placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of the investigation. There is still a possibility others may be involved. (Who else was in the room, who put it up on the internet)
3. District and State Protocols mandate all persons be placed on administrative leave with pay for the protection of the District and everyone involved. It does not mean that the District has prejudged the case.
4. Any person with any knowledge about this incident should feel free to activate the District’s Uniform Complaint Process and provide the District with any facts they may believe to be relevant; and
5. All employees involved are entitled to a fair investigation and due process.
The district will exercise due diligence and due process as directed by rules, laws, and regulations when the investigation is complete, I will inform all involved of any outcome to the extent allowed by the law.