MISSION of the English Learner Program:
It is the mission of the English Learner Department to ensure high, rigorous standards for English learners and to encourage authentic parent involvement in their child’s education and their school’s governance.
The English Learner Department is part of the Palmdale School District Educational Services Division. Our department addresses and monitors the programs and services for English Learners (EL). English Learners are students whose first language is a language other than English and who are not fluent in English upon entering a school in California. Federal and State law mandate programs and services for English language learners.
- Increase awareness of the role of language and culture in learning.
- Promote research-based, best practices and instructional strategies for use with English learners.
- Encourage authentic parent involvement in their child’s education.
- Provide and promote professional development opportunities.
- Develop cultural competence.
- Advocate bilingualism and Biliteracy.
- Foster an environment appreciative of diversity and intolerant of racism.
|Name||Title||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Rosa Armstrong||Bilingual Administrative Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||661.223.3306|
|Marilem Castro||District Translatoremail@example.com||661.789.6714|
|Lizbet Dunning||CBET Community Program Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org||661.789.6713|
|Ivonne Giusto||Bilingual Instructional Assistantemail@example.com||661.789.6712|
|Teresita Martinez||District Translatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||661.789.6742|
Migrant Education Program
What is the Migrant Education Program
Who do we serve?
Migrant ED Message from the Coordinator
Health Services and Social Support for Migrant Families
Migrant Education Local and Regional Services
Summer and Saturday School Services