Exercise is more fun when you do it as a family. Children need 60 minutes of active play every day! (Learn More)
Adults need at least 30 active minutes a day, five times a week.
Here are some tips you can follow to meet those goals:
- Take a walk together as a family each night after dinner. Make it a family habit!
- Enjoy your together time during the weekend by being active in fun ways. Play tag with your kids.
- Have a family dance party when you are cleaning up together after dinner.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Celebrate special occasions – like birthdays – with something active. Try fun activities like hiking, soccer games, or playing Frisbee at the park.
- When shopping, park at the far end of the parking lot and walk to the entrance.
- Be positive about the activities your child does and encourage them to be more involved in new activities and sports.
- Encourage your child to talk about how physical activity makes them feel and how much fun they have when they are active.