PSD Annual Talent Show
Talent Show Information
Below is the audition schedule for February 27th and March 5th, at Desert Willow FAST Academy. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any other dates or times for auditions. Please arrive to Desert Willow 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Also, on the day of the auditions, please be patient and understand that our schedule is approximate and may vary somewhat depending on the number of auditioners. Performers who are selected to perform at the talent show that will be held on Friday, March 20th at 6:00 p.m. will be notified the week following the auditions. If selected, performers also will need to be available for a rehearsal scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th, at 5:00 p.m.
Audition Schedule for February 27th
5 to 7:30 PM
- 5:00 PM: Barrel Springs, Buena Vista, Cactus, Chaparral
- 6:00 PM: Cimarron, David G. Millen, Desert Rose, Desert Willow
- 7:00 PM: Dos Caminos, Golden Poppy, Joshua Hills, Los Amigos
Audition Schedule for March 5th
5 to 7:30 PM
- 5:00 PM: Manzanita, Mesquite, Palmdale Discovery Center, Palmdale Learning Plaza
- 6:00 PM: Quail Valley, SAGE Academy, Shadow Hills, Summerwind, Tamarisk
- 7:00 PM: Tumbleweed, Yellen, Yucca
Mandatory Dress/Tech Rehearsal: Tuesday, March 17th @ 5 PM (Only for selected performances)
Talent ShowCase: Friday, March 20th @ 6 PM (Arrive no later than 5:15 PM)
Palmdale School District Talent Showcase Guidelines:
All participants must review the following guidelines, sign, and submit the completed forms at your schools’ designated audition date and time. If a group is performing, all members of the group must complete and sign the form of a separate guideline. A parent/guardian signature is also required for all student participants. See attached schedule for auditions on Thursday, February 27th and March 5th from 5:00-7:30 PM. Acts selected will have a dress rehearsal on Tuesday, March 17th at 5:00 p.m. Talent show will be held on Friday, March 20th, at 6:00 p.m.
- All songs must be appropriate for a general audience. No profanity, sexually suggestive or explicit lyrics.
- Performers who require music to be played must bring their own music, preferably in a digital format.
- Dance performances must be appropriate for a general audience and not include suggestive movements.
- Dress/Costumes must follow the Palmdale School District guidelines.
- Performances are limited to 2 minutes.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each performer to Desert Willow for the audition on Saturday, FEBRUARY 29th, and remain at the school throughout the audition. Transportation is not provided.
- Decisions by the judging panel on performances selected for the talent show are final.
- Parent signature and phone number are required at the bottom of the form.
- Most of all have fun. This is an opportunity for members of our Palmdale School District family to come together and share in a fun evening. Some acts will be selected for the final talent showcase on MARCH 20th, 2020. Regardless of whether an individual or group is selected, we celebrate and honor their talent and their willingness to share it with us.